HOW TO EAT FRUITS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- May 01, 2022
“Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.”
Fruits are rich in a variety of nutrients that support health and well-being and luckily nature ensures we have a wide variety of fruits throughout the year .Most fruits contain fructose which helps to satisfy sugar cravings. This in turn may help us avoid fast food and processed snacks to reach a moderate weight. However, some fruits may be better for weight loss than others. Fruit is one of the healthiest sources of carbohydrates. Incorporating fruit in the diet, alongside healthy eating and regular exercise, may contribute to weight loss. In this article, we discuss the relationship between eating fruit and weight loss.-when and how to eat fruits, the best fruits to include in your weight loss meal plan and fruits that burn the most fat when trying to reach a moderate weight.
THE WHEN and HOW
1. Eat whole fruits not juices: Most fruit juices have their fiber removed and as such their calorie count goes up. Eat the fruits the way nature intended- fresh and without the dips ,sprinkles or eating out of a can!
2. Dried fruits may be delicious but are chockful of calories. A teeny portion of dried fruits is enough to sweeten your smoothie or cereal. Drying concentrates the sugars, removes water and yes some of the vitamin C. But dried fruits are healthy snacks and are loaded with health benefits. Just watch your portions and remember that store bought dried fruits may be contain Sulphites added to prevent discoloration.
3. Careful with the sugared trio of mangoes, pineapple and papaw as their fructose may leave you with a sugar crash
4. Eat fruits on empty stomach preferably before meals. This is one good habit we all need inculcate in our daily lives. Remember fruit digests quickly.
5. Certain fruits help you feel fuller for longer aka avocado. Avocados high fiber and healthy fats leaves you satiated and full. A little catch: watch your portions.
6. Healthy swaps to curb a sweet tooth calls for fruits- frozen or fresh to give you the sweetness you crave.
7. As much as possible eat your fruit with the skin(peel). Most nutrients in fruits are concentrated in the skin. Where you cannot eat the peel, add the fruit peel and all to your blender for juicing or smoothie making So you don’t miss out!
8. Eat fresh fruits! Avoid fruits mired in preservatives. Eating locally farmed fruits might be best.
THE BEST FRUITS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Best fruits in this category include watermelon avocado, guava, lemon, lime, oranges, tomatoes, grape fruit, pear, apple. A combo of these fruits as smoothies or fruit salad makes for a tasty snack or meal replacement .
Keep in mind that the recommended daily intake of fruits per day is 2 cups( of a variety of fruits) and portion control is key.